Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Calling Don King!!




Okay, so Jane and I were on The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch last week, and for those of you who missed it! I am trying to get the video for the site, because I know that you want nothing more that to watch Jane and me sitting there staring at Don King and smiling and thinking….wait, what does boxing have to do with t-shirts? What is he saying and why is he yelling at Donny Deutsch? Are they totally going to throw down? And looking to Carson for a little support but he was staring too…and I don’t think he could take Don King. It was sort of like being a little drunk and not knowing if you are making an idiot of yourself at the party trying to sound not a little drunk and not a little stupid.

But I will tell you that if you watch for no other reason than to get a gander of the make-up that we have on…….I will understand.

Carson Kressley was so funny I thought, wow, there really is a difference between FUNNY people and funny people. He is FUNNY. He is also really nice and amazingly authentic for a celebrity. Not that I have met a lot of celebrities, but the two that I have met…hands down Carson wins the real human award. He also wears fabulous clothes and looked very fresh and clean and spanky.

Donny Deutsch was great to us and he really seemed to care about making us and our product look good. He was supportive and encouraging and everything one could hope for in a good looking rich uncle! He is not my uncle, and he is not Jane’s uncle either. I am just saying that he is a good representation of what I would personally want in a good looking rich uncle.

Then there were all of the really cool people that we met in the green room. The green room was not however, green.
Everyone was nice and acted like we totally belonged there, and that our t-shirts were the best thing since TiVO or microwave popcorn. It was fun and exciting and I can’t wait to do it again. So if anyone is reading this and they want us on their television show, we are available.

Back to calling Don King. I am going to call Don King. He gave us his personal business card. He told us to call. I am going to call and remind him that he said to let him know if he could do anything for us, and I can think of a lot of things that he could do for us, so I am going to call him – tomorrow.

I sent an email to Caron’s PR person, who was lovely and said that we should contact her. We also found out today that a really great, fabulous and all together wonderful shop here in town is going to carry our shirts!

But, Don King. I am calling Don King………..but does anyone know if his guy won the fight?

No comments: